Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The bread tie…what does it mean?

Thought this was interesting... Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. And each day has a different color twist tie. They are:
Monday - Blue
Tuesday - Green
Thursday - Red
Friday - White
Saturday - Yellow
I thought this was interesting. I looked in the grocery store and the bread wrappers do have different colored twist ties, and even the ones with the plastic clips have different colors. You learn something new everyday!!
So today being Thursday, I wanted a red twist tie - not white which is Friday (almost a week old?)
The colors go alphabetically Blue - Green - Red - White -Yellow, Monday thru Saturday. Very easy to remember. But I put a post-it note in my wallet when I first found out about this so I would not forget. Enjoy fresh bread with the right color on the day you are shopping.